Lanyards, boxed lunches, booths and panel discussions: you know you love them. There are a LOT of events coming up related to sexual health and wellness. Instead of blogging about them all separately, we thought we’d prepare a handy list for all of you to keep track. We will update the list as we find out more
A Health and Wellness Event for Women
Saturday, April 30, 10am-3pm
Gary J. Arthur Community Center, 2400 Route 97, Cooksville, MD 21723
Highlights: Sex, Sanity & Sleep seminar by Dr. Nadu Tuakli, 100+ exhibitors and vendors
- A Celebration of Women’s Pelvic Health
- Friday, May 13, 6pm
- Supports the Women’s Health Foundation
- Ravenswood Event Center, 4011 N. Ravenswood Ave., Chicago, IL
- Highlights: Live music, cocktails and a silent auction while honoring leaders in the field of sexual health and advocacy.
- June 8-12, 2016
- AASECT stands for The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- Condado Plaza Hilton, San Juan, PR
- Highlights: Fantastic sessions including The Circles of Sexuality: A Conceptual Model of Human Sexuality, Somatic Sexual Healing, What to Expect When You Have a Vagina (or a Uterus, Cervix, or Ovaries): Vulvovaginal Health Across the Lifespan, Autism, Puberty & Sexuality, Sexual Health and Wellness Benefits of Sex Toys and Aids and many more!
- Some workshops have already sold out so Register now and make your reservations!
- For more details, visit our previous post on this subject
- October 5-8, 2016
- NAMS is the North American Menopause Society. They are is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Marriott Gaylord Palms Hotel, Orlando, FL
- Deadline for abstract submissions is April 30 with a late-breaking submission deadline of July 15. Deadline for exhibitors is June 15.
- Highlights: The Scientific Program will include topics such as: The Evolution of Desire, Vulvar and Vaginal Health and Filbanserin–Are We Evening the Score?
- For questions like Who attends the NAMS Annual Meeting? or Who should exhibit at NAMS?, please see our previous post on the topic.
- Fall Meeting On Chronic Pelvic Pain
- October 13-16, 2016
- Swissotel Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Schedule now available!
- Highlights: Yoga for Pelvic Pain, The Business of Pelvic Pain, Cancer Pain: Advances, Challenges and Opportunities, Disorders Associated with Vulvar Pain, How Relationship Factors Shape the Experience of Vulvodynia.
- Title: Sex Rising: Revolutionary and Emerging Voices in Sexual Science
- November 17-20, 2016
- Sheraton Grand Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- Discounted Early Registration available until 9/15. Registration is available until 11/10
- Sponsor or Exhibitor opportunities are also available for a discount until 8/1/16.
- Highlights: Exhibit Hall, professional panels, sexuality research, workshops, student events, networking, continuing education sessions, breakfast & lunch. More info to be posted soon!
Call for proposals on sexual health is open and due by May 31, 2016!
- Presented by the The Center for Sex Education (CSE)
- December 7-10, 2016
- Resorts Casino Hotel, Atlantic City, NJ
- Highlights: While it’s still a bit early to tell what presentations will be (we will update as we find out), know that this conference has been going strong for over 30 years with presentations, exhibitors and seminars galore! Take a peek at last year’s schedule for this great conference on sexual health focused on sex educators.